Monday, April 25, 2016

Six Flags St. Louis

This past weekend we went on a little weekend trip to St. Louis for a cheer competition for our little girl.  It was an exhausting and expensive weekend, but well worth it.  Sophia ended up getting 2nd place.  She was performing a cheer duo with another little girl.


You all know how I feel about the selfie!  I love them!  I love them because we can all be in the picture together!!!  The left picture is of us arriving at Six Flags and walking to the Amphitheater where the event was to be held.  An arrival time of 6:30 am makes for a long day of cheer!!!  Sophia is on the right showing off her 2nd place trophy.  She had already changed out of her uniform because she was getting too hot, but she's pretty cute!!!

Let's focus on Six Flags now, instead of my family ;)  We were not that impressed and probably would not plan a return trip to Six Flags unless we have to go for a special event like the cheer competition.  It is expensive, the rides aren't that great, and it really wasn't that well maintained.  We paid around $100 for Sophia.  Fine.  She was in the competition and they have to make their money.  This included a meal.  For myself, Brad, and our son it was about $170.  This also included a meal.  Parking was $10.  We booked everything online so it would save us a few bucks.  When we got to the venue, I'm glad we did because the parking was double at the gate.  So for four of us to go to the cheer competition it was almost $300.  Generally, tickets are $42.99 for general admission and $20 for the parking.  This really is not that bad considering we pay $38.99 per person every year for Holiday World.  Holiday World has the water park, drinks, sunscreen, and parking included, though.   The cost of food was outrageous, as well.  Brad came back with three small drinks and paid almost $20!!!  Later we found out that you could purchase a plastic drink container with the Six Flags logo and get free refills.  We did this for the second round of drinks.  A dry, stale pretzel with cheese was $6.99.  Yes, we could have packed lunch and eaten in the parking lot, but really its just too much of a hassle early in the morning with a sleepy cheerleader to get ready. 

Old Time Photo...Gangster Style
I am very hesitant to put my kids on rides by themselves.  In fact, this was the first time I ever had.  We put them on the Colossus, I believe is the name. I didn't want to ride, nor did Brad.  It spins, goes up and down, sideways, and upside down.  No thanks.  So we stood in line, finally got on the ride and we put them into their seats and exited to watch.  I stood where I could watch the attendant fasten them in by pushing the bar down.  I am a nurse, and I was getting a bad gut feeling.  I was having palpitations and getting a little stressed while waiting on the attendant to come around.  The buzzer went off, and the bar lowered.  The kids were able to push theirs down and two helpful people beside them pushed it even further down.  Then, the buzzer went off again and the bars raised.  Then I really got freaked out.  I was praying they weren't going to start the ride.  I was about to go in and grab my kids.  All of a sudden, the attendant started exiting everyone because the ride had a malfunction and a check engine light had came on.  I'm glad my kids didn't ride.  I knew my gut was right and I should listen to it more often.  After that, we decided to keep it mellow.  We road the Hall of Justice Battle for Metropolis ride, which is basically a ship/ that swings and moves back and forth and takes you down a virtual path.  We watched Batman and Superman apprehend Joker while we rode in a car and "helped" by shooting the henchmen.  This ride was pretty neat.  It was probably our favorite one. 

                                                 Notice Brad is the winner...Of course :)

We bought a family photo pass to get the picture above.  It cost us about $50 to get old time photos and all digital downloads from the park that day.  This wasn't that bad of a deal, really.  We got the old time photos, the ride above, and a family photo at the front entrance.  I'm always a sucker for pictures of my family.  Below is the front entrance photo.  Not too bad! 



Cleanliness...The bathrooms were clean.  There were plenty of them scattered around the park.  There were a ton of sticks and leaves and junk around the buildings.  It seemed that they had not really cleaned or maintained much after the winter, before the opening of the park.  We noticed a lot of people walking around smoking, which was rude.  I did see some designated smoking areas, but not many people seemed to be utilizing them.  I suppose I sound like I am complaining a lot.  Maybe so, but I have been spoiled by Holiday World.  It is always spick and span clean and who can't resist free soft drinks?!? The  workers that we saw at Six Flags were all very friendly and helpful.  This was very nice.  About three different times, we were standing looking at our map and I'm sure we had confused looks on our faces.  Workers stopped every time and asked us if they could help direct us.  It was very nice. 

XOXO...Becky

P.S.  Don't decide against Six Flags just because of my own personal opinions!  Go try it out for yourself and then let me know what you think!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment