Tuesday, July 5, 2016

New Orleans Eating

Day 1: 

Before we got to New Orleans, we ended up eating at a Waffle House.  We try to eat at a Waffle House any time we drive down south because there are not any back home. 

When we got to New Orleans, we weren't all that hungry. After walking around for a bit we decided it was time to get a drink.  It was so hot there!  I ended up getting a banana daiquiri from Mangoes and the kids got waters and a fountain drink.



We also ended up running into the Candy Kitchen as well.  My kids' eyes were huge.  They wanted it all!  We ended up getting some chocolate covered peanut butter bites.  Braden tried some Cajun chocolate.  He found it to be a bit spicy. 



We couldn't eat everywhere but we sure wish we could have!  Supper the first night was at The Hard Rock Café.  We chose this place because most of the other areas to eat were packed and had a long time to wait.  We were starving and didn't want to wait!  I had the Margherita flatbread and Brad had the Bourbon Jambalaya. 


We kept running across the same hotdog stand and I wanted so badly to try one out, but we had already eaten.  The following day, at Jackson Square, I purchased a painting of this same roadside vendor. 



After supper at the Hard Rock Café, we went to Big Easy Dogs & Pizza and picked up a strawberry daiquiri, which was pretty tasty! 



There were so many places to get drinks and have snacks that we were almost overwhelmed.  We would love to hang out and do a food tour but our time was limited! 

Day 2: 

I HAD to try Café Beignet.  It was almost at the top of my list of things to do in New Orleans.  It ended up being everything I thought it would be, and more!  I loved the food and the atmosphere.  The beignet's were pretty tasty as well! 

The line tripled in size after we got our food.  I asked the cashier about their
popularity and she said it never slows down. 



To me, it was like an elephant ear and a doughnut had mated and this was the offspring



The kids tried the beignets and loved them as well!  The had breakfast sandwiches to eat. 

I ended up buying a Christmas ornament.  We do this for every vacation.  Tradition :)

Somehow, a bag made it home

Later that night, we went to Bourbon Street and got a few drinks.  I think I maybe had two drinks?  It was more fun to people watch than anything!!!  We ended up ordering pizza from somewhere and I wish I could remember the name, because it was awesome!  I didn't take my phone or my nice camera because I was worried it would be stolen. 

Day 3: 

Antoine's was somewhere that we just happened upon while walking to our cemetery tour.  We decided to leave the hotel a bit early so we could get something to eat.  This was a little hole in the wall diner that ended up being pretty great!  We got bacon, egg, and cheese croissants and they were ready in minutes. Sophia bough a chocolate alligator to devour later. 


Hot chocolate


My family enjoying their meals

Menu

Some of the sweets they had for sale
The chocolate alligator


One of the best croissants I have ever had


XOXO...Becky


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment