Monday, February 15, 2016

Hair

We have been home since late Saturday night and my hair has already changed. It's really ticking me off, to be honest! I'm the low maintenance type of girl that rarely fixes, cuts, or styles her hair...so to have nice hair was truly a huge positive for me. While in Vieques, my hair was so soft, shiny and full of life. I had to use only a small dab of shampoo and I let it go how it wanted. Back home, I use the regular amount of shampoo and conditioner but my hair is dry, frizzy & gets greasy by the end of my 12 hour work day. It just gets thrown in a pony tail holder to be done with it. On island, I couldn't stop touching my hair and I wore it down more than I ever do back home! I HAD to know what was so different about their water. Come to find out, it is rain water and jungle/rainforest water piped under the ocean to the island from the mainland of Puerto Rico. Generally, on the beach my hair gets really dried out by the sun and the salty ocean water makes it almost impossible to comb with a brush. This happens every year in Florida! Not on this Island!
Some places a person visits, is terribly unsafe for the traveler to drink the water. Mexico is a perfect example. The place a person stays generally has plenty of bottled water available of the vacationer if this is the case. The water in Vieques tasted no different than back home in the states. I didn't hear of anyone getting sick and I was able to use my refillable water bottles, which makes me happy (we don't like to pollute)!!! As far as my hair going back to the way it was before....Such is life...just makes me want to winter somewhere in the Caribbean even more!


Brad and I at the airport bar...Look how shiny my hair is!  Now that I think about it, I was using less lotion and my skin felt much softer, too!  Is it me, the fresh rainforest water, or just simply the fact that I'm in paradise with my love???!!!


Below is an article about the water in Vieques:
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/hac/pha/vieques/vie_p1.html



More shiny hair while looking for sea glass...Not even enough time to pose for a picture while looking for the blue and red pieces!


XOXO...Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment