Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Snorkeling in the Riviera Maya & Cozumel

Overall, snorkeling in the Riviera Maya and Cozumel were great.  I have mentioned in a prior post that I enjoy shore snorkeling and I like to go out in the ocean with a guide.  I am not too familiar with any of the reefs in Mexico, I just know that the water is perfect and it's a gorgeous setting!  Actually, as long as I am seeing fish, I'm pretty happy.  The water is clear with blue and turquois colors and fish-a-plenty.  I love that Mexico is doing something to help maintain and build their reefs.  It's a huge step.  Many of these pictures were taken right off of the shoreline at our resort.  The others were taken from a reef off the coast of Cozumel.  Literally, as soon as you get off the ferry at Cozumel, you are bombarded with snorkeling crews.  You can negotiate with them.  I believe we paid $40 to go on a 3 hour tour.  It's not long, but it was long enough for us and they took a picture of us under the water together with fish all around us and had it printed before we hit shore.  Crazy!  We didn't take any pictures, but we snorkeled for HOURS at Xel-ha.  I will have a later post on Xel-ha... 

There were plenty of fish willing to be photographed!

 
So, these large concrete things are fish habitats, which I think are really cool!  We, as a whole, are killing our oceans, and it's nice to see that some are giving back and trying to help maintain what's left.  From what I saw, there were plenty of fish that had made this their home and found protection within the concrete walls.  It's an awesome little ocean habitat!
We even saw Dory

This habitat shows some fish using their home.

Wowza this was a ton of fish right in my face!

 This guy really wanted me to get a close up of his good side!  He sure is handsome, though! 

Barracuda.  It never fails...I always see Nemo's nemesis every time Brad and I have a snorkeling adventure!  I think its pretty neat, though!

Look on the left side of the picture and you will see some teeth that you DO NOT want to sink into your flesh!

 I caught his backside!


Can anyone tell me what kind of fish this is?


I hope you enjoyed the pictures!!!!



XOXO...Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment